Who we are
The Workshop is a tech company that develops incredible software for the online gaming industry. Living by the motto “Fearlessly Forward,” innovation is at the centre of everything we do, whether it’s our games, new products and technologies. We understand that great ideas come from great people, and great people thrive when they’re trusted to challenge, change, improve, and perfect our products and processes.Our strength lies in the diversity of our skills, and that comes from the diversity of our people. The Workshop is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, trust each other, and value collaboration. We welcome candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof,) and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a pleasant, supportive place to work – whoever you are. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and move Fearlessly Forward.
This newly created role is fundamental to the success of The Workshop’s new way of working, so only the courageous need apply! All eyes will be on you as you help one of our fledgling clients take their business into the stratosphere. They are demanding, fast-paced and will change priorities frequently (as they should!), so you will need to have proven your flexibility, patience and positivity through product management experience in a start-up or other “high resilience” business.
You will be critical to the product function, as you will be performing a lead role for complex programs of work affecting multiple business areas. Working hand-in-hand with your stakeholders, from customers and business sponsors to agile engineers, you will define as-is and to-be processes, pinpoint limitations and recommend improvements. In short, you will be responsible for maximizing the value of the product by creating and managing the product backlog and be the voice of the customer in the agile delivery process.
You will be part of a super-motivated product team spread across multiple delivery teams. Each delivery team includes team members from different functions like product, development, architecture, quality assurance, etc.
What you'll do
- Take lead of one or multiple agile teams as Product Manager.
- Engage your stakeholders/customers to discover their pains and problems by using a variety of discovery techniques.
- Work under broad direction being responsible for day-to-day client engagement.
- Capture your stakeholders/customers business problems in a structured way making them accessible at all times.
- Work close to senior product leaders to create and maintain the product backlog according to ROI. Transform customers’ problems into actionable user stories.
- Ensure each team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared user stories to work on.
- Assess value, be detailed oriented, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value for your customers and wider product strategy.
- Provide product backlog management, increments planning, and backlog grooming sessions
- Be an active role in mitigating impediments affecting successful team completion of product increment goals.
- Lead the planning of product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Lead the product features hand over to customers. Lead the product operational readiness.
- Influence organization, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialism. Build appropriate and effective business relationships.
- Advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- Maintain existing product knowledge base.
What you'll bring
- Previous working experience as a Product Manager for 5 year(s).
- Relevant degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Relevant experienced in stakeholders management and gathering requirements techniques.
- Experience in managing a product backlog across more development teams, internal and external teams.
- Strong attention to details combined with an ability to see the big picture.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles. Have a good understanding of software development industry.
- Relevant domain knowledge (Betting and Gambling background preferred).
- Familiar with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence).
- Good at getting on with things in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- PO certification, CBAP/BCS Certification or any equivalent certification is a plus.
What's in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an agile methodology
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!)
- Competitive salary and relocation packages for you and your family
- Flexibility of working from home/office to stay both safe and collaborative
- Relocation package for you and your family to Malaga
- Flexible working hours, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities
- Team building events, learning labs, Hackathons/Designatons
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of The Workshop, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others
Sounds good? Then we’d love to hear from you.